Monday, September 07, 2009

Less Is More

I don't live a very abbreviated life. I'm very detailed, descriptive and long-winded when I speak. I drag out doing chores and other things on my T0 Do list. I simply do not get "to the point" in conversations or even in blogs. But today I will.

Over the years, I've been told over and over "LESS IS MORE" when it comes to writing. Instead of taking a circuitous route to get your piece from point A to point B, you take a direct one and say what you have to say. Your words will likely have more impact, I'm told, and will keep your reader's attention.

So here is a personal essay about this subject:
Less Is More



The end.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Well, if that wasn't a succinct essay, then I don't know what succinct means.

My older son is doing Physics problems across the couch from me, as he babbles incessantly. I'm going to follow your example, and succinctly tell him to shut up.

cruisin-mom said...

I know a few people who probably wish I would abide by your advice when speaking.

free dating said...

just wondering... if you really didn't adhere to some rules, would she actually come up to you in the store and tell you about it?