Thursday, January 21, 2010

Mark It a Favorite

On the computer, after I surf the Internet, I often take URLs that I want to remember or continually make us of, copy them and post them to my Favorites list for quick reference.

To that end, I liken Favorites to speed dial on the phone. When you need it quick, it's right there at your fingertips.

So if Favorites is my computer's speed dial , why the heck do I have listings for Toronto's main two Jewish funeral homes!?!?!?!?


(Actually I'll tell you why: it takes the place of the daily newspaper's death listings. And believe me when I say I'm not alone in reading the listings. Apparently, doing so daily is quite common in the Jewish community and perhaps in the community at large.)

2 comments:

rabbi neil fleischmann said...

Yes. People also read marriage announcements. I didn't know that till I performed a wedding and it was inn the Times' announcements and I got a lot of feedback.

Robin said...

It's so true. I thought it was just older people, but my husband loves to read the obits. If you want to read something hilarious, go to the "blog list" thingie on my blog and click on "crabby old fart". Donald has a post on writing his own obituary that will have you in stitches.