Sunday, May 23, 2010

Almost a Slip of the Tongue

I was listening to my younger son practice guitar just now; he recently started lessons and is a quick study in this instrument...thanks to his wonderful memory and an ear for music.

He was trying to figure out a correct starting note and said: "Just a sec."

I was just about to open my mouth and say something and it suddenly hit me just how that something would have sounded: "I have all the secs in the world."

Sometimes it pays to keep your mouth shut!

4 comments:

Robin said...

I sort of wish you had said it. ;)

Shira Salamone said...

That was a close call. :)

Shira at Table Poetry said...

Ahh, if only our kids could know what runs through our minds...

Minnesota Mamaleh said...

ba-dum-bum! thanks for the smile and if he reads this later on, i hope that he smiles, too! :)